Here we will provide step by step guide on how to install Python on your PC. Here we will show you how to install Python 3.5.2 for windows operating system. Follow the guide below. There is a difference between Python2 and Python3. We prefer and also recommend users to get familiar with Python3. Since there are significant changes in features as well as coding in the two versions of Python. It is recommended to stick to the latest release.
NOTE: Article was written when Python 3.5.2 was the latest version of Python. Procedure to install versions above 3.5.2 is same.
Just like installing any other software, installing python is easy. Follow these steps to install Python 3.5.2 in your windows system.
Follow this guide:-
1. Download the latest release Python 3.5.2 from https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/. If you have 32 bit Windows PC then download “Windows x86 executable installer”. If you are a 64-bit user then download “Windows x86-64 executable installer”.
2. Double-click on python-3.5.2.exe to start the installation process. If given a choice between Install Now and Customize installation then choose the later option.
Note: Make sure you also check “Add Python 3.5 to PATH” option.
3. Check all the boxes if not already done, make sure you have all the necessary python files and packages. Install it for all the users on your PC, even if you are not logged in as administrator then also you will be able to run python. Click ‘Next’ to continue to the next step of installation.
4. You will enter into Advanced Options selection in this step. We recommend to keep the check boxes as it is and choose your install location as “C:\Python35” so that all your important python files are safely installed in C:\ drive. Click Install button to start the installation.
5. Wait until the installation of Python 3.5.2 is complete.
6. Click ‘Close’ to exit from the installation wizard and you are good to go.
Enjoy Python !