Here we will provide step by step guide on how to install Python on your PC. Here we will show you how to install Python 3.5.2 for Mac operating system. Follow the guide below. There is a difference between Python2 and Python3. We prefer and also recommend users to get familiar with Python3. Since there are significant changes in features as well as coding in the two versions of Python. It is recommended to stick to the latest release.
NOTE: Python comes already installed on Mac OS X. Although you can make sure you have the latest version of Python by installing the current build from the Python website.
NOTE: Article was written when Python 3.5.2 was the latest version of Python. Procedure to install versions above 3.5.2 is same.
Follow these steps : –
- Download the latest stable release Python 3.5.2 from https://www.python.org/downloads/mac-osx/. Click on the Mac OS X 64 bit/32 bit installer to download the software.
- Run installer package downloaded from the website and you will see a welcome screen press continue to begin the installation process.
- After clicking continue, you will see Important Information which has information like system requirements for installing and running Python in your Mac OS X. Read it carefully and press continue.
- Then you will see the Software License Agreement. Read the agreement and then you need to press continue to move forward with the installation procedure.
- Next step will ask for the destination to install your python software. Select the destination for installation or leave the location as it is which is predefined for you and press continue.
- Next step will ask for installation type, select the tools and frameworks you need in your system or leave it as it is and press Install to begin the installation.
After the installation is complete press continue which loads the summary page. Close the summary page.